The Texas Governor’s Office reports:
- Governor Abbott again extended the State Disaster Declaration for 60 Texas counties affected by Hurricane Harvey to ensure continuing eligibility for assistance as communities recover and rebuild.
- Governor Abbott has requested from FEMA an extension beyond March 12 of the Transitional Sheltering Assistance program, providing short-term hotel stays to displaced survivors, to secure more time for survivors to locate alternate short- and long-term housing.
- The Commission to Rebuild Texas launched a Recovery Tracker showing how hurricane recovery funds are being used. The Recovery Tracker can be viewed at rebuildtexas.today/recovery-tracker.
- Governor Abbott met with President Donald Trump as well as members of his Cabinet and other federal officials in Washington, D.C., to discuss Harvey recovery and the urgent need to get relief to Texans faster.
- Current individual assistance numbers are now posted on rebuildtexas.today/recovery-tracker.