KSAM is a radio station in Huntsville Texas, owned and operated by HEH Communications. We are an equal opportunity employer, and on occasion will be searching for energized individuals to join our professional team. We’ll post those opportunities here on this page, so check back often to see if we’ve updated our status. Feel free to contact us with any questions or inquiries at the link below. Thank you.
Current Job Postings
EEO Public File Report:
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report (“Report”) is to comply with Section 73.2080 (c)(6) of the FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule. This Report has been prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit that is comprised of the following stations: KSAM-FM / KHVL-AM Huntsville, Texas and is required to be placed in the public inspection files of these stations, and posted on their websites, if they have websites.
EEO contact information for the Employment Unit:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 330 Huntsville, TX 77342
Contact Person/Title: Steve Everett, Director of Broadcast Revenue & Operations
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This report covers full-time vacancy recruitment data for the period March 13, 2017 to March 14, 2018
Full-Time Job Vacancies Filled by Each Station in the Employment Unit:
I. VACANCY LIST See Master Recruitment Source List for recruitment source data
Job title Recruitment Sources Used RS Referring Hire
No job vacancies or openings
Supplemental Recruitment Initiatives.
The Employment Unit established in 2001 was set up to afford local students from area school districts and Sam Houston State University students in the departments of Radio/Television and Marketing to serve as interns at the stations. The Employment Unit is available for students referred by school district instructors or personnel at Sam Houston State University interested in learning more about a career in
broadcasting. Interns will typically spend nine to twelve hours per week at the stations or on location with station personnel during live broadcasts, gaining a broad and general overview of the radio broadcast industry. Interns are able to participate in discussions and planning for music programming, promotions and public service, as well as hands on operator experience if they so desire. Upon successful completion of the internship students earn credit toward their degree or credit for various high school programs, i.e. Job Shadowing and D.E.C.A. The intern is under the direct supervision of one of the station’s program directors, and works with the entire programming staff, and also has interaction with the sales and administrative staffs. The internship initiative has resulted in the hiring of some of its participants on a part-time basis, to allow them to continue learning and gaining experience in the broadcast industry.
HEH Communication, LLC staff members also attend various programs in the area to hand out literature and answer questions about careers in broadcasting. We worked in conjunction with Sam Houston State University, Huntsville ISD and New Waverly ISD for fairs in the designated employment unit window. Our staff worked with the Mance Park Academy (HISD) and Huntsville/Walker County Chamber of Commerce with their “OPTIONS” Career Fair in conjunction with the nationwide CHOICES program.
HEH Communications, LLC was one of the sponsors of the Walker County NAACP Scholarship Gala, an event providing scholarships to local African-American students and the LULAC Scholarship Banquet, an event that help Hispanic students with college scholarships. Advertised opportunities in the event program at the event.
END OF REPORT
HEH COMMUNICATIONS, LLC WEBSITE RECRUITMENT ALERT
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for HEH Communications, LLC, please provide us with the name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number, and contact person and identify the category or categories of vacancies for which you would like information specified above to the following person at HEH Communications, LLC:
Steve Everett Director of Broadcast Revenue & Operations P.O. Box 330 Huntsville, TX 77342 936-295-2651 email@example.com
It is the policy of HEH Communications, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.
HEH Communications, LLC, KSAM-FM, KHVL-AM, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Sources used depending upon position: 1. All Access Music Group allaccess.com 28955 Pacific Coast Highway Suite 210 Malibu, CA 90265 Phone: 310.457.6616 Fax: 310.457.8058 2. Mr. John Escobedo LULAC #4466 PO BOX 7257 Huntsville, TX 77342 936.295.0223
3. NAACP/Walker-Trinity Branch 6235 Mr. Donnie Harrison PO Box 6882 Huntsville, TX 77342-6882 936.294.9517
4. Workforce Solutions 901 Normal Park, Ste 7 Huntsville , TX 77320-3770 936.291.3336
5. Dr. James M. Palmer Department Head Communications Department Prairie View A&M P.O. Box 519 – Prairie View, Texas – 77446-0519 Phone: 936.261.3723 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Louis Browne Interim Chair, Radio, Television Texas Southern University 3100 Cleburne Street Houston, TX 77004 Phone: 713-313-7024 Email: Browne_la@tsu.edu
7. Dr. Jean Bodon Chair, Mass Communications Sam Houston State University SHSU Box 2207 Huntsville, TX 77341 936.294.4419
8. Dr. O’Brien Stanley Interim Department Chair Lamar University P.O. Box 10050 Beaumont, TX 77710 Phone: 409-880-7222 Email: Obrien.email@example.com
9. Texas A&M University Department of Communication 4234 TAMU Bolton Hall College Station, Texas 77843-4234
10. Dr. Beth Olson, Director Jack J. Valenti School of Communication University of Houston 101 Communications Building Houston, TX 77204-3302 Phone: 713-743-2881 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Texas Womans University Dr. Gay James Interim Department Chair P.O. Box 425737 Denton, TX 76204-5737 Phone: 940-898-2026 Email: email@example.com
12. University of St. Thomas Dr. Robin N. Williamson Department of Communications 3800 Montrose Houston, Texas 77006-4626 Phone: (713) 525-2167 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Stephen F. Austin State University Dr. John Allen Hendricks Mass Communications James Towns P.O. Box 13048 1936 Boynton Bldg., Rm 301. Nacogdoches, TX 75962 E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 936.468.4001
14. Alvin Community College Bill Lewis, Division Chair Department of Radio & TV 3110 Mustang Road Alvin, TX 77511 Phone: (281) 756-3767 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
15. American Women in Radio & Television Houston Chapter P.O. Box 980908 Houston, TX 77098
16. American Broadcast School Michelle McConnell Campus/Job Placement Director 712 N. Watson Rd., Ste 200 Arlington, TX 76011 Phone: 817-695-2474 Fax: 817-695-2838 email@example.com
17. Texas Association of Broadcasters 502 E. 11th Street, Ste 200 Austin, TX 78701 www.tab.org 512.322.9944
18. Social Media – Facebook.com